- iTouch® technology: Patented Scorchguards™ lift with the touch of your hand and lower when you’ve stopped ironing, preventing burns, scorching and tipping.
- Ergonomic: No more repetitive lifting; iron levitates above the fabric and lowers with the simple touch of your hand
- Quad Auto Shut-Off: Never worry if you accidentally leave the iron turned on or if it tips over.
- Anti-drip system: Prevents spitting and leaking while the iron is hot
- Pointed Detailer Tip: creates crisp pleats, pockets, cuffs and collars.
- Rapid Heating: 1800 watts of power
- OnePass™ Pressing: extra thick soleplate glides over fabric. Powerful vertical and horizontal steam removes the toughest wrinkles.
- Ultra Premium Soleplate: Beadblast chromium finish for effortless glide and durability, scratch resistant
- Tripleplay™ Xtremesteam: provides powerful steam in continuous, horizontal or vertical blasts
- Long 10'8" cord with a 360° pivot
- Extra large (12.7 oz) water tank for heavy steam usage
- Water tank is side-loading for easy access
- Comes with large fill cup
Write Your Own Review
- Wattage: 1800 Watts
- Water tank: 12 oz capacity
- Weight: 3.7 lbs (empty)
- Cord Length: 10’8”
- Shipping Weight: 4.5 lbs.
- Product Dimensions: 11.4”x 4.9”x5.9”
How much does the iron weigh?
The iron weighs 3.7 lbs (empty). This is comparable to Rowenta and other professional quality irons. However, one nice thing about the Oliso iron’s auto-lift system is that you get the benefit of a professional weight iron for wrinkle removal, but you do not need to continually lift and lower our iron since it always remains horizontal on the ironing board.
How much time / energy can I save with Oliso Smart Iron?
You never have to pick up the Oliso™ Steam Iron. This saves you about 30% on your ironing time.
Since Oliso irons are never rested in the vertical position, they do not lose heat to the atmosphere like the regular irons. Our internal testing has shown that you can save up to 30% in energy using Oliso irons with the Auto-lift system as opposed to the conventional method of lifting the iron and setting it on its end where the iron is losing its heat energy from the soleplate to the atmosphere.
Will My Oliso Iron Cause Power Surges?
To achieve faster heating times, Oliso Steam Irons are rated 1600-1800 watts and 120-125 AC volts, which is at the upper-end of U.S. electrical power/amp ratings. To prevent power surges, we recommend that you avoid plugging the iron into outlets used for other appliances like TVs or lighting, which can overload your wall circuits. If the problem persists, it would be electrical in nature and beyond our control.
What is the benefit of having an iron that does not have to be picked up?
- Ergonomics: Keeping the iron horizontal is much better on the hand, wrist, forearm, shoulder and back.
- Safety: The center of mass allows the iron to be the most stable in the horizontal position. In the vertical position, it can be still tipped over like other conventional irons. In the horizontal position, it is very difficult to tip over the iron.
- Efficiency: The iron is much safer and efficient in the horizontal position. The hot soleplate is not exposed, so there is less risk of burning or injury. Less electricity is wasted when the iron is kept horizontal.
Does the Oliso Smart Iron have an auto shut-off feature?
Yes. There are 4 different situations where the Oliso© Steam Iron will activate the auto shut-off feature for added safety. Please see below for more details.
1. Horizontal Position with the i-Touch ON
Heat will shut off if left untouched for 8 minutes.
2. Vertical Position with the i-Touch ON
Heat will shut off if left untouched for 8 minutes.
3. Tilted Position with iTouch ON or OFF
Heat will shut off if left untouched for 30 seconds.
4. Horizontal/Vertical Position with iTouch OFF
Legs will extend if left untouched for 30 seconds, and heat will turn off after 1 minute.
Note: in all cases, the time is reset every time the user touches the handle.
Will the lifters get hot and burn the fabric?
No. The lifters are part of the Auto-Lift System™. They are made of heat-resistant polymers that stay cool, even when the soleplate is hot.
Will the lifters snag the fabric?
No. The lifters will not snag the fabric because they recede completely into the soleplate when the iron is in use.
How much water does the water tank hold?
The tank holds about 12.7 ounces of water (filled to the max fill line); making refilling less frequent.
How do I add water to the Oliso Steam Iron?
Leave the iron in a horizontal position and open the side fill port. The side fill port makes it easy to add water to the tank with the included fill cup or directly from a water bottle or a faucet.
What kind of water should I use?
Oliso recommends plain tap water. If you have very hard water, mix ½ tap water with ½ distilled water. Alternatively, bottled drinking water can be used. NEVER use 100% distilled water. Always empty your water tank between ironing sessions.
Why does Oliso not recommend 100% distilled water?
Distilled water is so clean it will actually remove minerals from the metals inside the iron causing premature leakage.
What is the differences in the soleplates?
- TG1050 is stainless with a shiny finish
- TG1100 and TG1600 have a chromium beadblast process on the stainless surface. This non-directional textured surface enables an effortless glide, increased durability and scratch resistance
- TG1100 has more steam holes / expanded steam hole for steam
- TG1600 has larger flat space for pressing, more for Pro group (sewer, quilter). Still has the same amount/power of steam as the TG1100
How Do I clean the soleplate?
We recommend using a hot-iron soleplate cleaner. Faultless (the same company who makes starch) sells a great hot-iron cleaner.
How does the smart iron reduce leaking and dripping?
The patented Autolift system shuts off the water flow to the steam chamber immediately when the user let's go of the handle. Even though the iron stays in the horizontal position there will be no steam or dripping when the user lets go of the handle. Most other irons on the market are gravity fed and when they are tilted down to horizontal, they will start to create steam and sometimes drips as long as they remain in the horizontal position regardless of the user's hand position with the iron.
Even though there is an auto shut-off, should I still manually turn off the iron?
Yes. Always turn the variable steam selector to off (all the way to the left) and the temperature setting to off (all the way counter-clockwise if looking at the iron from the front).
What is one pass pressing?
Oliso Irons have a very thick sole plate which creates a high heat mass and it retains a stable high temperature. The heat is transferred evenly through the stainless steel soleplate to the fabric and is able to eliminate most wrinkles in one pass.
What is tripleplay™ Xtremesteam?
This refers to the three ways that the Oliso steam irons produce steam:
1. Constant steam mode selector which activates with the touch of user's hand
2. Strong burst of steam in horizontal mode when the user pushes the steam button
3. Strong burst of steam in vertical mode when the user pushes the steam button
What is the sound I hear when the auto-lifters extend and retract?
The sound you hear is the motor that allows the auto-lift scorch guards to extend and retract.
What is the rattling sound I sometimes hear?
The iron contains a ball bearing that may move, which may cause a rattling sound when ironing. This has no effect on the iron’s performance.
How does the touch activated handle work?
The touch activated handle is part of the Auto-Lift System™. The handle senses your hand as soon as you touch the top or the bottom, commanding a powerful micro-motor to lower the iron. Any time you let go of the handle, the legs will automatically raise the iron to protect your fabric.
Do I need to push down on the handle for the iron to lower?
No. You do not need to push down on the iron for it to lower. Simply touch the top or bottom of the handle and the sensors will sense your hand and lower the iron automatically. As soon as you release the handle, the iron will automatically rise up.
Can I turn the Auto-Lift System off so the iron doesn’t lift up and down?
Yes. It is possible to override the auto-lift system. If you move the switch on the back of the iron to "off", the iron will operate like a standard iron. However, if the TG 1100 is left in the horizontal position for more than 30 seconds, the legs will extend effectively raising the iron, to keep the soleplate from burning your fabric or ironing surface. Turn on the auto-lift system by moving the switch back to "on".
What are the two buttons on the top of the iron?
The button on the left provides a burst of steam from the soleplate. The button on the right provides a water spray from the nose of the iron.
How do I perform a self-clean operation on the iron?
The internal steam chamber in the soleplate may have mineral deposits over time, depending on the hardness of your water. You can flush out the mineral buildup by repeatedly pressing the “Steam Burst” button until water begins to drip heavily out of the bottom of the soleplate. You may want to do this over a sink or drain. The iron should be hot when you do this so that any excess water can quickly evaporate.
Warranty, Returns, Exchanges
What does the smart iron warranty cover?
The warranty covers all defects due to manufacturing.
How long is the smart iron warranty?
The warranty is good for one full year (12 months). Also, people who register their purchase, by mail or online, get a 3-month warranty extension, making it valid for 15 months.
How do I return or exchange my smart iron?
Please contact our customer service department by calling 1-800-899-5157 or e-mailing us at email@example.com.