Felt House Ornaments and Garland
Finished size: approx. 6 ½” high and 5 ½” across the bottom of the roof
Supplies: Oliso Mini Project Iron
Read all instructions before beginning the project.
- National Non Woven felt squares in a variety of colors. Two 6” squares for roof and house of different colors. One 8” square piece for background in contrasting color.
- HeatnBond UltraHold by Thermoweb
- 2 to 3 different decorative trims
- Embroidery floss and needle (button and beads for additional embellishments if you wish)
- Ribbon for tie 20”
- Scissors, rotary cutter, cutting mat, and ruler
1. Cut a 3 ½” square of felt and cut across on the diagonal for 2 roof pieces. Cut a 3” by 4” rectangle for house
2. Cut trim to an inch longer than needed and iron on HeatnBond to the back of trim
3. Peel paper backing off of the trim and iron onto the base and roof as in the example (make sure to iron on a non-stick surface).
4. Trace roof and house onto the paper side of the HeatnBond. Cut and iron pieces onto the back of the roof and house
5. Peel off the paper backing and iron onto the larger background fabric
6. Trim the backing so it leaves a ¼” showing around the house
7. Embellish house with basic embroidery stitches, buttons, beads or sequins
8. Finished house
Finished Mini Felt House Garland
Use any leftover scraps to make a garland!
Mini House garland
Finished size: approx. 3” high and 3” across the bottom of the roof
Make the garland out of the scrap pieces left over from the Felt House project using the same method. (photos 1 through 3 of smaller houses) string on embroidery floss