Olive Oil Confit Leeks
Olive Oil Confit Onions/Leeks
Write a review
- Pear Onions. Peeled
- Or Leeks Trimmed and
- Divided Lenghtwise 1 lb
- Salt 1 tsp
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2oz
- 1. Pre-heat water bath to 185F. Refer to Time and Temperature Chart for guidelines.
- 2. Combine the onions/leeks with salt in 1 quart Vac Snap bag in a single layer.
- 3. Pour and evenly distribute the olive oil in to the bags. Seal the Vac Snap bags and place in the Frisper. Hang the bag off of the side of a counter to keep the oil to the bottom of bag when removing air.
- 4. Place the onions in to a pre-heated water bath.
- 5. Cook for 40 minutes to 1 hour. The onions are ready when they are cooked through but still hold their shape.
- 6. Remove portions from the bags and serve immediately or sear if desired.